Re: SCCS vc in emacs 23 does not work for me

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: SCCS vc in emacs 23 does not work for me
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:51:36 -0700

Ron Mitchell wrote:
I've just installed emacs 23.1 on HP-UX.  Our shop uses SCCS for version
control.  I find that the emacs vc commands don't work, for example C-x
v l (vc-print-log), C-x v v to check out a file etc.
After a bit of investigation what seems to be happening is that emacs is
attempting to run "sccs" commands against the repository s-files rather
than against the plain filenames themselves.  E.g. emacs is doing

     sccs get -e /myprojectdir/SCCS/s.myfile.c

But that's not allowed and does not work, at least on my OS.  What you
should do is

     sccs get -e myfile.c

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?  I guess I may be the only person in
the world using emacs and SCCS on HP-UX!

Try (setq vc-sccs-master-templates '("%s%s" vc-sccs-search-project-dir))

or (setq vc-sccs-master-templates '("%s%s"))

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA