Re: How can I disable ispell and git and svn el files in emacs

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: How can I disable ispell and git and svn el files in emacs
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:43:28 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:

>> Everything I start emacs, it starts 'ispell, git and svn el files'.
>
>> Can you please tell me how can I configure emacs not to load those el files?

[...]

> You might want to send this question to your distribution (apparently
> some Debian derivative) since these files are installed by your
> distribution and they're loaded by code added by your distribution.

Maybe this could help:

$ dpkg -S /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50psvn.el
subversion: /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50psvn.el

So those files came from several packages, not directly from the emacs
installation. Now, from /usr/share/doc/emacs23-common/README.Debian.gz:

  * Emacs runs debian-startup during the startup process unless
    site-run-file is false.

but it seems that site-run-file can only be modified at compilation
time. Maybe you can just delete those files in order for them not to be
loaded.

--
Alberto