Re: html editing

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: html editing
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:09:45 +0100

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Gary <emacs@garydjones.name> wrote:

> Predictive mode also has support for completing HTML tags, and
> maybe other things you want as well -
> http://www.dr-qubit.org/predictive/predictive-user-manual/html/HTML-Support.html#HTML-Support
> I haven't use it myself yet, but it looks pretty flexible.

I wonder how that works if you are blind. The overlays used for menus
in predictive mode (and in the interface used by company mode) are
perhaps difficult for blind people, I do not know.

I think the authors of predictive mode and company mode are thinking
about dividing the GUI part and the completion part better.

They both have frame works for this and mixing the best of them is in
my opinion what is needed now to get something like this into Emacs.
So anyone who is interested in this could perhaps help. (This is
probably much more valuable than spawning new similar GUI:s.)