Re: Convert UTF-8 string to hex

From: Steve Revilak
Subject: Re: Convert UTF-8 string to hex
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 08:33:58 -0500

From: " ??? " <help-gnu-emacs_gnu.org@sumou.com>

How do I convert an arbitrary UTF-8 string to hex in GNU Emacs?

I'm looking for the Emacs equivalent of `uni2ascii -p' basically, can't
figure it out.

I'm not familiar with uni2ascii, and I don't have it installed on any
of my systems.

If you're looking for a hex representation of a string, you might try
M-x hexl-mode.  hexl-mode shows a hex representation of the current
buffer.  If your buffer contains a utf-8 string, then you'll see a hex
representation of that string.

Steve