RE: Searching for the same text, in the same sessions but in a different

From: jrocha
Subject: RE: Searching for the same text, in the same sessions but in a different window
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:34:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi Drew,

I wanted to follow up. pop-up-frames does exist in 21.3.1. It just doesn't
appear under the appropos or describe searches. I found it under the
variables. [ESC-X describe-variable pop-up-frames].

I used [set-variable] to set the value, and [customize-save-variable] to
save it to my .emacs file.

Now I get the new windows as desired. Thank you.

Next I need to figure out the search issue. Someone suggested it might be a
customization setting somewhere. So I'm still digging through all of that.

Thanks again.

-=John