Re: Understanding slime and swank

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Understanding slime and swank
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:14:07 +0800

On Mar 2, 2010, at 9:40 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:

I would like to start using clojure and I've also found it can be used
with slime also. Though I don't understand how to pass from for example
sbcl to clojure slime.  If I load the library *swank-clojure* then no
way, I'm not able to go back to sbcl slime...

Now my configuration is simply like this

(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "~/.emacs.d/slime/doc/")

;; the path should be already set up correctly
(setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)
(setq slime-complete-symbol*-fancy t)
(setq slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)

But I remember in the past I did have a smarter auto completion...

Are you looking for slime-lisp-implementations? The example from the docs looks like this:

(setq slime-lisp-implementations
           '((cmucl ("cmucl" "-quiet"))
             (sbcl ("/opt/sbcl/bin/sbcl") :coding-system utf-8-unix)))

The one at top will be default, I think you run slime with a prefix arg to autocomplete choose from different implementations.

Eric

And by the way I'm not able to see the slime documentation, even if this
file
slime.texi

is in the path Info-default-directory-alist...

Thanks,
Andrea