Indenting text bugs.

From: Defacta
Subject: Indenting text bugs.
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 02:07:46 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have bugs with indentation of php files. I use php-mode and
sometimes instead of proposing to complete a name a of function or of
a variable there is the message: Indenting region... done.

A way of making it bug at all times is to do TAB when I search
something in the page thanks to ctrl+s, if not just having a lot of
php fils opened make emacs indenting fails.

So what can I do to relaunch indenting mode, the only way I have found
to use indenting when it has bugged is to restart emacs, that's
annoying...

I am under Mac OS X 10.6 with Emacs 22.3 and in my ~/emacs/.emacs fil
I have:

---
(set-foreground-color "wheat")
(set-background-color "DarkSlateGray")
(set-cursor-color "white")
(global-set-key [(tab)] 'smart-
tab)
(defun smart-tab ()
  "This smart tab is minibuffer compliant: it acts as usual in  the
minibuffer. Else, if mark is active, indents region. Else if point is
at the end of a symbol, expands it. Else indents the current
line." (interactive)  (if
(minibufferp)
(unless (minibuffer-
complete)