Re: Emacs 23 scrollbar behavior

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 scrollbar behavior
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:21:57 +0100

Am 13.03.2010 um 02:13 schrieb Brendan Miller:

I'm also having trouble as well with gtk emacs 23.1.1 where if I
scroll by dragging the scroll bar, it sometimes selects a bunch of
text... Sounds like the same problem?

No, that's something completely different. You might be able to track down the reason by typing C-h l (invoking the function view-lossage) and examining the key presses and mouse events recorded in the *Help* buffer.

I have my scrollbar on the right side (why the heck is this still not
the default?) if that effects it at all.

Because some people have two arms. And some have a functioning hand at the open end of the left arm.

And there are windowing systems...

Is there any way to fix this?

See the variable vertical-scroll-bar!

--
Greetings

  Pete

Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.
                                - Tony-A (some guy on /.)