Re: enabling ido requires sudo authentication

From: Thamer Mahmoud
Subject: Re: enabling ido requires sudo authentication
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:24:15 +0300

Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:

> If desktop-mode is enabled and you have a buffer like /etc opened as
> sudo in your saved buffer in desktop, at each time you restart emacs,
> desktop will open this buffer and you will be prompted for sudo
> password.
> So you have to kill these buffers before quitting emacs.

I think someone brought up this issue some time ago (either here on this
list or in EmacsWiki). Based on that discussion, I added the following
hook to my .emacs, and I no longer see a prompt at startup:

(add-hook 'desktop-save-hook 'tramp-cleanup-all-buffers)

I'm using the tramp version included in Emacs 23.

hth,
Thamer