Re: python mode shell and unicode

From: Max Arnold
Subject: Re: python mode shell and unicode
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:47:56 +0800

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 06:48:00PM +0100, Andreas Röhler wrote:
> > My python-shell invoked via C-c C-c from python buffer can not print
> > unicode characters (emits
> > UnicodeEncodeError) and sys.stdout.encoding is empty. System wide LANG set
> > to "ru_RU.UTF-8" and
> > os.environ.get('LANG') in python shell confirms this.
> >
> > When python-shell invoked manually (M-x python-shell) there is no encoding
> > issues. Any ideas?
> >
> What you get from
> C-h v buffer-file-coding-system?

---
buffer-file-coding-system is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is utf-8-unix
Local in buffer test1.py; global value is utf-8-unix
It does not apply to sending output to subprocesses, however.
---

Python module contains encoding specification # -*- coding: utf-8 -*- at the
beginning.
Emacs version is 23.1.