Re: Sending mail via SMTP hangs.

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: Sending mail via SMTP hangs.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:37:43 +0000 (UTC)

Gary . <help-gnu-emacs <at> garydjones.name> writes:

> On 4/13/10, Robert Goldman wrote:
> > Torsten Mueller writes:
> >> Aidan Gauland schrieb:
>
> I guess you are using the Emacs SMTP Library? Which of the two
> external TLS tools are you using? Have you tried the other? What do
> you see if you set smtpmail-debug-verb to t?

I am using gnutls.

All I see in the trace window, after I lose my patience at press ^G to unlock my
emacs is:

Process SMTP finished
QUIT
- Peer has closed the GNUTLS connection

The configuration I'm using is:

(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "xxx.yyy.zzz")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server  "xxx.yyy.zzz")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-service 465)
(setq smtpmail-starttls-credentials
      '(("xxx.yyy.zzz" 465 nil nil)))

Maybe I should be debugging GNUTLS instead of emacs here.

thanks
Robert