Using ergonomic shortcuts and cua mode

From: Markus Haider
Subject: Using ergonomic shortcuts and cua mode
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:17:26 +0200

Hi,

I use Emacs 23 with the ergonomic shortcuts
http://xahlee.org/emacs/ergonomic_emacs_keybinding.html
However, when I also use cua-mode at the same time, M-v gets bound to
cua-repeat-replace-region. Is there a way to keep M-v bound to yank?

One possible solution would be to work without cua-mode, and I could
manually define the shortcuts C-c, C-v, C-x. However I cannot change C-x
via global-set-key as it is a prefix. I would not mind to move the
Control-X-prefix to another key, but I don't know how to do it...

Thank you for your help,
Greetings
Markus