Re: Recompile files

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Recompile files
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:58:16 +0200

Am 17.04.2010 um 11:29 schrieb Andrea Crotti:

By the way now emacs is eating too much memory, with nothing open
53Mb, just opening GNUS I reached 193Mb :O I don't think that's the normality

Yes, indeed! You should run GNU Emacs in a virtual machine with X11R1 – then the number of shared libraries was negligible and their size very small. Dozens of them fit on a 20 MB disk. And there was still space for a dozen users and their data.

--
Greetings

  Pete

When people run around and around in circles we say they are crazy. When planets do it we say they are orbiting.