Re: How to debug problem with emacsclient and init file

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: How to debug problem with emacsclient and init file
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:50:36 -0700

On Saturday 17 April 2010 11:54 AM, Jim Burton wrote:
At Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:11:30 -0700,
suvayu ali wrote:

On 16 April 2010 10:12, Jim Burton<jim@sdf-eu.org>  wrote:
At Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:52:54 -0700,
Suvayu Ali wrote:

[snip]

I was trying to get something like this working. To follow the
discussion look at the thread "conditional font faces" from the 27th of
February to 5th of March.

The only solution was to use a theme which uses similar colour schemes
as no window to present a consistent environment in either and X window
or the terminal.

GL and plz do post back if you find something that can actually switch
between to themes without resorting to the above compromise.

Thanks to malsyned on #emacs I have the following that works like a charm:

(add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions
          '(lambda (f)
             (with-selected-frame f
               (if (window-system f)
                   (color-theme-gray30)
                 (color-theme-emacs-nw)))))

I have tried something like that before, the problem with this is it
changes the theme for all the existing frames. So if I make an X
window frame, I get the proper theme. Then if I start a client in the
xterm, I get the proper theme for the no-window frame but my X window
frame also changes theme to that theme. It doesn't change back to the
desired X window theme even when I select the X window frame with the
mouse or Alt+Tab. It would be good if themes could be selected for
specific frames and not the entire emacs session itself.

I should have said, in addition to the hook you need

(setq color-theme-is-global nil)

Thank you thank you thank you! I have been scratching my head since I can obviously see it didn't work whereas you mentioned it did. With that, everything "Just Works".

Apologies,

Appreciate your help. :)
--
Suvayu