Machine-dependent elisp

From: pocmatos
Subject: Machine-dependent elisp
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:46:28 +0100

Hi all,

I have some code which I would like to make dependent on the machine I
am currently working on. I have a single .emacs shared between my work
machine and my home machine. I thought about making dependent on the ip
address (or hostname) but then I need a way to get the ip address (or
hostname) of my current machine.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

(I don't think it matters but the code I need to change is mostly the
gnus)

tia,

--
PMatos