Re: yasnippet - snippet ordering

From: Jim Burton
Subject: Re: yasnippet - snippet ordering
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 00:01:07 +0100

At Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:28:26 +0200,
Gary wrote:

> I'd ask on the official yasnippet group, but it seems to be a closed
> (i.e. must use a google a/c to post), so I hope someone here might be
> able to give me a clue since I'm sure there must be may yasnippet users.
>
> Currently when I am offered snippet alternatives they are offered in
> what to me are the "wrong" order, for example using a coding style
> conflicting with the way I format my code (gnus vs bsd, for example). Is
> there any way to specify which order they should be offered, or even
> better suppressing some snippets?

As far as I know the only thing currently available is that if you add
a file named .yas-skip to a directory in the snippets tree, the whole
directory will be ignored. I think that, beyond that, you'd have to
add it yourself. When you say you want to suppress some snippets, if
you never want to use them you could just remove them altogether?

Jim

--
J Burton