Re: url package docs

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: url package docs
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:43:46 +0200

pocmatos@gmail.com (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to write a package to query an http api. I know the url package
> in emacs23.1 allows that but I can't find any proper docs with the
> exception of the wiki page.
>
> I would think it would be in the emacs manual since it is part of emacs
> but I can't find anything on the manual when I search for url.el. Any
> refs?

There *is* an URL Info file documenting the url package installed on my
system, and I did nothing special (apart from installing Emacs,
obviously). Just C-h i m url RET takes me there (it's
/usr/local/share/info/url). Maybe your distro doesn't have it?

> (if there is an example out there of querying an http api with the url
> package, let me know)

You can find some examples on EmacsWiki, like
<http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/UrlPackage> and the pages linked from
there; and of course in other packages that use url.el

HTH,

Štěpán