Re: word wrapping in a long document ?!?

From: Ross A. Laird
Subject: Re: word wrapping in a long document ?!?
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 16:56:01 -0700

William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> writes:

> Hi Leo;
>
> Thank you.  As usual a stupidity.
>
> On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 19:10 +0100, Leo wrote:
>> On 2010-05-02 18:36 +0100, William Case wrote:
>> > Hi;
>> >

> I had being trying everything I could think of including the function
> info you sent me.  It just didn't dawn on me to select the region first
> i.e. the whole document first.  As soon as I saw your response, it was a
> head-slapper.
>
> Wasn't thinking properly -- a little outside prompt from you got both my
> head and my fill-region working.

Have you considered visual-line-mode? It will properly align the
document without permanent wrapping (which you may or may not want). I
use visual-line-mode extensively, as it allows me to keep long,
single-line (single Emacs-line) paragraphs (for exporting), but allows
me to have a visually pleasing screen (no arrows).

Cheers.

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD