emacs + auctex - opening output PDF inside emacs buffer

From: Coenvh
Subject: emacs + auctex - opening output PDF inside emacs buffer
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 06:17:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am using Emacs 23 together with AUCtex on Ubuntu 9.10.

When I generate the output PDF file using C-c C-c, the default suggested
view command is "xdg-open test.pdf". A new window then opens with my PDF
output file.

I know Emacs can also open PDF inside a buffer.

Can somebody explain how I can setup Emacs that when I generate my Latex
output using C-c C-c, the output automatically opens inside a second Emacs
buffer (split screen) ?

I have seen people do this, but I do not manage to figure out how.

Thanks!

Coen