My Ispell has stopped working

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: My Ispell has stopped working
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:46 -0000

I use Emacs 22.3.1 under Windows XP.

Ispell suddenly stopped working, while in use.  When called, it says
it is searching, but immediately hangs.  Sometimes the cursor goes to
the end of the current line.  Otherwise, there is no visible
activity.

As usual, info gives me the feeling of coming in in the middle of a
conversation.  Is it possible that my dictionary has been corrupted or
rendered inaccessible?  I have never been able to locate either the
default dictionary or my personal dictionary; C-h v says they are
nil.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  I'd rather be in bed.  :||