Re: Lost functionality in buffer item in menu bar from 22 to 23...

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Lost functionality in buffer item in menu bar from 22 to 23...
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:43:35 -0000

> (As an aside, the other think I like about Emacs 22's tmm-menubar is
> that it shows the keyboard shortcuts next to the menu items --
> something that the Emasc 23 tmm-menubar does not seem to consistently
> do as the example in the first post shows.)

Sounds like a bug as well.  Please M-x report-emacs-bug.

> As for why the bug is happening in Emacs 23, I'm no closer to an
> answer. Bearing in mind that I'm, at best, a _very_ poor Emacs lisp
> hacker, the best I can determine by looking at tmm.el is that tmm
> draws most of its variables from x-menu-bar. Perhaps there was a
> change in x-menu-bar in Emacs 23 that is causing the bug?

Yes, I just found the bug that prevented buffers from being listed (the
bug was that tmm doesn't handle all valid menu entries and the menu for
buffers was changed to use a format that wasn't supported by tmm).
It will be fixed in Emacs-23.2.

        Stefan