Re: emacs and awesome

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: emacs and awesome
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:43:48 -0000

henry atting <nsmp_01@online.de> writes:

>  Some time ago I used awesome as my window manager but then switched to
>  xmonad for I wanted not to deal with lua. Now I gave awesome another
>  try and as everything works fine `out of the box` I maybe replace
>  xmonad with awesome again.
>
>  I know some people in this group use awesome as well so I put my
>  question here (I found the awesome community too elite for someone
>  like me, unwilling to learn lua)

One of the earlier awesome versions had this as a feature. Something
like ,,easy configuration - no need to learn another language (like Lua)''.

>  Okay, when I set emacs to fullscreen, at the bottom of the screen
>  always remains a small gap. No other programm shows this behaviour,
>  so maybe it's an emacs problem.

I use xmonad and also had the same problems.  But they are fixed
somewhere between 23.1.1 (debian testing) and 23.1.90.

You either have to wait for your distro to catch up, build Emacs
yourself or use one of the updated packages from some site, if
available.

>  There is an option, `c.honorsizehints = true', but this does not
>  change anything. AFAIK it only handles the gap *between* windows.
>
>  I'm thankful for any hint.
>
> henry

-ap