Re: MAC OSX Emacs does not find PATH

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: MAC OSX Emacs does not find PATH
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:06 -0000

+ "Daniel (Youngwhan)" <breadncup@gmail.com>:

> On Apr 5, 6:21 am, Harald Hanche-Olsen <han...@math.ntnu.no> wrote:
>> + "Daniel (Youngwhan)" <breadn...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> > I [...] and found that
>>
>> > defaults write $HOME/.MacOSX/environment PATH "$PATH"
>>
>> > will make it work, but in my case, it does not work at all.
>>
>> Did you remember to log out and back in afterwards?
>>
> Of course, I did, but no luck.

I think something is odd with your mac setup, not with emacs.
Try locating your Finder process (ps uxww | grep Finder) and inspect its
environment with  ps eww PID,  where PID is the pid of your Finder
process. If the PATH value you set in .MacOSX/environment is not present
in the output, this is not an emacs problem, and you're better off
asking in a mac newsgroup.

  -- Bertrand Russell