Re: emacs and awesome

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: emacs and awesome
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:43:50 -0000

henry atting <nsmp_01@online.de> writes:

> On Mi, Mär 31 2010, Andreas Politz wrote:
>
>> henry atting <nsmp_01@online.de> writes:
[...]
>>>  Okay, when I set emacs to fullscreen, at the bottom of the screen
>>>  always remains a small gap. No other programm shows this behaviour,
>>>  so maybe it's an emacs problem.
>>>
>> I use xmonad and also had the same problems.  But they are fixed
>> somewhere between 23.1.1 (debian testing) and 23.1.90.

[...]
> Mmh, with xmonad I never had this problem. My last emacs build is not
> older than about 10 days. (GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1)
> Last time I used awesome, one year ago or so, I had the same problem
> with the emacs version at that time. Strange...

No, your problem actually sounds a bit different compared to what I
experienced.

I'm assuming you're not talking about the mini-buffer ;).  Does the gap
change when you (de-)activate the menu or toolbar, or when you change
the font-size ?  The problem I was refering to, had something to do with
Emacs ,,forgetting'' to resize itself in this circumstances.

-ap