Re: SLIME and CTRL-D

From: Jeff Clough
Subject: Re: SLIME and CTRL-D
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:17 -0000

Peter Keller <psilord@merlin.cs.wisc.edu> writes:

> Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... I just know C-u to be a "do this N times"
> command, so relating it to stdin was surprising.

In Emacs, C-u specifies the prefix argument, which *may* be a repetition
count, but sometimes simply changes the behavior of the command.

I think the canonical example of this is fill-paragraph.  If you give it
a prefix argument, it ignores the value but interprets the presence of
the argument to mean "justify the paragraph too".

Jeff