Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands

From: LanX
Subject: Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:44:45 -0000

UPDATE:

I found this in the docs:

-------------
If you really need to perform a command which starts with one of
the prefix keys even when the region is active, you have three
- press the prefix key twice very quickly (within 0.2 seconds),
- press the prefix key and the following key within 0.2 seconds, or
- use the SHIFT key with the prefix key, i.e. C-X or C-C

This behavior can be customized via the
cua-prefix-override-inhibit-delay variable.

well I'm experimenting with the delay but it either to long or
produces unwanted actions :(

I think mapping CUA's cut (cua--prefix-cut-handle) to C-x C-x fit's me
the most ...

 I can easily learn to type x twice when holding down Control and a
second C-x  will cause no damage when used in FF or other
applications.

But how to I modify cua-base.el accordingly are there any maintainers
here to ask?