remove all the whitespace characters from the cursor to the next symbol

From: alex_sv
Subject: remove all the whitespace characters from the cursor to the next symbol
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:30 -0000

Hi all!

Could you please clarify - is it possible to remove all the whitespace
characters including newline from the current cursor position to the
next meaningful symbol using one command?

I mean if our buffer's content is as follows:

texttexttext{cursor}___
_
___text

where '_' means space character, is it possible to press some known
key sequence to transform the given above to the following form:

texttexttext{cursor}text

Thanks in advance!