can't see file in folder

From: patrol
Subject: can't see file in folder
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:42:55 -0000

Hi,
I created and saved a plain text file in Emacs in the default
directory, C:\Program Files\emacs-23.1\bin (I'm using Windows 7). I
can open the file no problem from within Emacs, but the strange thing
is that I can't see the file from Windows Explorer. I've set the
computer to show all hidden folders, so that's not the problem (not
that the file should be hidden anyway). I'm logged in as
administrator, so I don't think permissions would have anything to do
with it. One thing I did notice is that when I view the contents of
the bin directory from the Find File dialog box from within Emacs, the
file I created has a lock icon next to it (a picture of a lock), so
I'm not sure if that's a clue about what's going on. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
John