Nethack-el under Windows -- seems a find-file problem

From: Aleksandr Vinokurov
Subject: Nethack-el under Windows -- seems a find-file problem
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:46:12 +0400

Hi, All!

I'm a freshman in both Emacs and Nethack. And have set up a
Nethack-el. My problem is that I have all this nice stuff to run under
Windows. So Cygwin helps me a lot, but here is one issue: when I want to
read a Help from the Nethack-el (I actually type ? and 'a' for ex.) I
see an error in minibuffer:
"Cannot find file /usr/games/lib/nethackdir/help".

I think of two solutions:
1) Find where to change the Nethack Game directory variable in Nethack
(maybe with the help of environment variable or via configuration file);
2) Find a way to substitute file names in Nethack mode in Emacs.

May be somebody can help me with a more obvious solution?

With best regards,
Aleksandr