Re: How to get xetex/xelatex option in the Emacs menu?

From: Tariq
Subject: Re: How to get xetex/xelatex option in the Emacs menu?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:40:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 23, 5:32 pm, Ralf Angeli <dev.n...@caeruleus.net> wrote:
> * Tariq (2010-04-23) writes:
> > Perhaps I am being too demanding here (but considering this is Emacs
> > we are talking about, it should come as no surprise):  it possible to
> > have a little icon or something show up (along with other icons below
> > the main menu) indicating XeLaTeX and one could just click with mouse
> > to run xelatex? I see LaTeX (or pdf) icons among others that do this
> > for pdflatex or latex.
>
> How about upgrading AUCTeX and making use of `TeX-engine'?
>
> --
> Ralf

I installed Emacs 22 and AucTeX from the Ubuntu 9.10 repositories only
two days ago. That is the latest version they have. Since I have never
done these installations manually, I am not sure how to go about it
such that my existing system would not break.

If you can give some hints as to how to proceed, I would definitely
like to upgrade AucTeX and would certainly appreciate.

Regards,

Tariq