Re: xelatex menu option does not show

From: Tariq
Subject: Re: xelatex menu option does not show
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:22:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 27, 1:59 pm, Andreas Politz <poli...@fh-trier.de> wrote:
> Tariq <tariq.per...@gmail.com> writes:
> > I must add to the above the following observation. With the above code
> > in my .emacs file, if I open a XeLaTeX file and compile once using the
> > XeLaTeX option in the Command menu (i.e. using mouse) and then for the
> > subsequent compilations, C-c C-c does give me
>
> > Command: (default XeLaTeX)
>
> > in the minibuffer. Otherwise, if I just open a XeLaTeX file and press
> > C-c C-c all I get is
>
> > Command: (default LaTeX)
>
> > in the minibuffer.
>
> > This is not a desirable behaviour at all. I should be able to get
> > Command: (default XeLaTeX) the very first time I press C-c C-c if the
> > file I have is XeLaTeX file!
>
> > How can I correct this? Best regards,
>
> > Tariq
>
> Maybe the criteria for what constitutes a XeLaTeX file in your head, is
> different from what your code specifies.  In other words, the regexp is
> not able to match and thus, "LaTeX" becomes the default command.
>
> -ap

Hi Andreas

Perhaps so,  but I thought the code specified that the presence of the
fontspec package should constitute the file being a XeLaTeX file and
hence C-c C-c should result in XeLaTeX as the default engine. Is this
not right? The mouse click does work. And, after one compilation with
mouse click, C-c C-c also works. Puzzling.

Or, can some change be made to the code to make it work as I want?

Regards,

Tariq