Re: Emacs for browsing c code

From: Daniel (Youngwhan) Song
Subject: Re: Emacs for browsing c code
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 23:17:12 -0700

On 5/4/10 3:07 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
I really like Emacs to edit and browse a c/c++ code with cscope so
far. I have used CEDET and ECB, but they were too complicated and not
for me at this time. So, I decided to use cscope only.

However, one of what I miss features is browsing function names in a
certain window. Source Insight / Eclipse or other tools supports that
when a function name is clicked in a certain window, it jumps to the
position.

Does anybody know that kind of feature is possible in emacs not using
CEDET/ECB to make simple?
In vanilla Emacs, imenu and tags (a tags file) are good ways to navigate to
function etc. definitions.

If you use Icicles, then you can use both of them with completion in various
ways. And you can use imenu across multiple files or buffers (vanilla imenu is
single-buffer).

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Tags_Enhancements

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Icicles_-_Other_Search_Commands#IciclesImenu

Thank you for the suggest, Drew.