Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands

From: LanX
Subject: Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 05:04:50 -0700 (PDT)

I told you already:

> E.g. S-C-x does a toggle of the writing direction in my Firefox ...

go into a textarea and see yourself how it looks like to write like in
Hebrew or Arabic.

I tried this yesterday:

-------------------------------------
(defun cua-cut-region-xx (arg)
  "do cua-cut-region only if there is a region"
  (interactive "P")
  (if mark-active
      (cua-cut-region arg)
    (cua-exchange-point-and-mark arg)
    )
  )
(local-set-key (kbd "C-x C-x") 'cua-cut-region-xx)

but it's not really working, seems like I have to dive deeper into the
mechanisms of cua.

ahh now I see why:

from "cua-prefix-override-inhibit-delay"
As a special case, if the prefix keys repeated within this time, the
first prefix key is discarded, so typing a prefix key twice in quick
succession will also inhibit overriding the prefix key.

so quickly C-x C-x has the same meaning like your S-C-x.

well better ... but still not ergonomic...