Re: Need help installing NTemacs -- no evident README or INSTALL file

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Need help installing NTemacs -- no evident README or INSTALL file
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 02:19:11 -0700 (PDT)

not sure you specifically want NTEmacs or if other emacs distro on
Windows is fine.

if you don't particularly care about a specific distro, here's few i
know that works well for me:

• official GNU Emacs build for Windows.
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/
just download, unzip, and use right there.
No installation step needed.

• EmacsW32+Eamcs
http://www.ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html
download the patched version.
Then, run the installer.

• ErgoEmacs
http://ergoemacs.org/
download and run the installer.
(disclaimer: me and David Capello made this one)

you shouldn't worry about downloading multiple version of emacs that
might interfere with each other. I have all the above three installed.

as to what tricks might impress a new emacs user, maybe these pages
are good ideas for you to pick from:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/tour/
http://xahlee.org/emacs/emacs_fun.html

  Xah