font-lock "=

From: Roger Mason
Subject: font-lock "=
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 17:53:18 -0230

Hello,

I'm trying to write a major mode for amrita.  My mode is derived from
fundamental-mode.

One of the operators in the language is "=.  That is, quotation marks
followed by the equals sign.  This is currently higlighted as a string
that continues up to the next occurrence of ".  I'd like to turn off
this behaviour and have the character pair "= not highlighted, or
highlighted in some other face.

Can someone suggest how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Roger