Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 23:49:50 +0200

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I told you already:
>
>> E.g. S-C-x does a toggle of the writing direction in my Firefox ...
>
> go into a textarea and see yourself how it looks like to write like in
> Hebrew or Arabic.

I see. If you need to toggle that in Firefox then it might of course
be a problem to use S-C-x in Emacs too. If you don't neeed to toggle
that I can't see the problem.

But even if you need that toggling still the use in Firefox and that
in Emacs of S-C-x looks so far apart (ie different situations) to me
so it looks easy to learn to distinguish them. I do not think I have
ever tried S-C-x outside of Emacs. Still I use it inside Emacs quite a
bit in some specific situations. (Those are so specific so I could
have come up with new key bindings for them, but for me it is not
worth the effort even if it would not take me many minutes. The reason
is partly that I would just as quickly forget them ... ;-)