Re: managing my keybindings

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: managing my keybindings
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 04:09:21 +0200

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 2:38 AM, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for suggestions how to manage my keybindings.
>
> I would like to:
>
> a) list them (only *my* keybindings)

Use define-minor-mode and make a global minor mode. Define your key
bindings there.

> b) easily navigate to the place where they are defined

Define them in one place.

> c) attach documentation  to them

Documentation are bound to functions, not key bindings. (You can add
comments where you bind the keys, of course.)

> d) warn me about conflicts

Use what is said in "Key binding conventions", see

  M-: (info "(elisp) Key binding conventions")