Re: Ctrl-x Ctrl-x (exchange-point-and-mark)

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Ctrl-x Ctrl-x (exchange-point-and-mark)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 08:21:13 -0500

> I tend to use C-x C-x and then M-w rather than C-g. Yes, it does
> copy too but any paste is soon rid of by M-y.  Heh, looking at it,
> it seems somewhat convoluted but it works well for me with the way
> my hands rest on the keyboard.

He he... .  How do you hit it?

left thumb to `M' and left middle/index finger to `w'

It seems pretty awkward here.. double strike to spc bar to loose
the highlight seems quickest... but I've been using for a while too.

Ever since the new highlight defaults come into effect.

Although C-g would be a close second.  Some how I never thought of
C-g.  I use it dozens of times a day to stop all kinds of things,
just never occurred to me to use it for this purpose (loosing the
hightlight).  It might grow on me.