Re: site-start.el: inhibit-startup-screen?

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: Re: site-start.el: inhibit-startup-screen?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 23:50:33 +0200

Dear Suvayu,

On 19.05.2010, at 23:04, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> How about using a /etc/skeleton.emacs with that variable set. Then every new
> user has that setting saved in their dotemacs. Which they can still change if
> they want to. :)

in this particular case, we are talking about a MS Windows distribution (not my
favourite platform; however, Emacs works really well with a few tweaks - many
thanks to all developers who obviously put a lot of effort in to this!). The
idea is to pre-package something that should work out-of-the-box in our setting
(running a current Org-mode with some adaptions) and, indeed, apart from the
splashscreen issue, we have reached our goal.

But I will keep your suggestion in mind for our Unix users - is this the setup
for all flavours of Linux and Solaris for current Emacsen?

Warm regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.