Tramp interference

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Tramp interference
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:36:29 +0200

First of all I use:
GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.29) of
2010-05-09 on linc

with tramp = 2.1.18-23.2
and this configuration
http://github.com/AndreaCrotti/Emacs-configuration

I would like to solve this problem because it's becoming quite annoying.
I used to connect to some servers via tramp, and it works nicely.

But I notice that when I restart emacs if I'm that server is not
reachable it hangs, I think just because ido-mode or something else will
look for it.

Same thing using magit on a REMOTE directory..
Now it did it even creating a new message on gnus:

Tramp: Waiting 60s for local shell to come up...
Tramp: Sending command `exec ssh arch   -q -e none'
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell

It must be related to some hook added by tramp or another thing, but I
don't find it anywhere, any idea??

And by the way I found that using SSHFS is much faster than tramp, and I
can also use git...
The only thing that doesn't work are of course shell commands, which
using tramp are sent automatically to the remote host.

Is there a way to make emacs understand that I'm still working on a
remote host even when the file is mounted locally via sshfs??

Thanks a lot,
Andrea