auto-saving files

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: auto-saving files
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:50:29 +0200

When launching a compilation the function "save-some-buffers" it's
called.
This is nice because sometimes I forget to save before compiling, but
there are some files that you would always love to have automatically
saved.

For example .newrc is managed by news but every time I compile emacs
asks me to save it.
Is there a clean way to solve it?

I've seen auto-save-mode, but how can I make it working forever for some
buffers?
Thanks