can't maximize emacs at startup

From: Jean Felder
Subject: can't maximize emacs at startup
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:24:18 +0200

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently using emacs 23.2 on debian sid.

I like starting emacs maximized using a trick from fvwm
( http://fvwmwiki.xteddy.org/cookbook/#index3h2 )
This feature works fine with emacs 23.1 .
However, since I've upgraded from emacs 23.1 to 23.2, it doesn't work
anymore : emacs doesn't start maximized.

In fact, I'm launching emacs daemon at startup with the command "emacs --daemon"
Then, I'm using "emacsclient -c"
The first time, I'm using emacsclient, the window is launched but not maximized.
The second time, everything works fine : the second window is maximized.

It seems that the first time, the window size is reset. Is this some
kind of side effect
from a change from 23.1 to 23.2 ?

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,