Re: dictionary in emacs

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: dictionary in emacs
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:39:38 -0700

Hi,

On 16 June 2010 10:35, sanalkumar mr <sanalmadatheth@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>            I am using GNU Emacs 23.1.1 in Debian squeeze.If I have to get
>            the online dictionary(http://olam.in) in emacs,by executing an
> M-x command or
>            with the help of a function key(like F6) or when combination of
>            keys are used. Is it possible to get the service without using a
> browser?
>            Please bear in mind that I'm a beginner, So please be mild in
> your words when
>            you extend your support

Are you trying to use a malayalam dictionary for spell checking? If so
you can install aspell and aspell-ml to get a malayalam dictionary.
Then you can use ispell to spell check within emacs. You can also use
flyspell if you prefer on-the-fly spell check.

On the other hand if you are using the above service to look up word
definitions then you would need to install w3m, w3m-el and w3m-img
(optional package for image support). Then you can do `M-x
w3m-browse-url' to go to that url.

> Sanalkumar.M.R.
> Highschool Teacher
> VHSS Irimpanam