revert-buffer sometimes corrupts the text (emacs 23.1, nextstep, OSX)

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: revert-buffer sometimes corrupts the text (emacs 23.1, nextstep, OSX)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 13:24:09 -0500

Hello list,

I could not yet isolate this issue, but this usually happens when I have updates from git (either pull or checkout) and then revert a buffer of a file that had its contents changed. Emacs seems to mix and match in a random order the contents new contents (could not identify a pattern) and the only workaround is to revert-buffer another time or so that it reloads the real contents of the file.

It is annoyng and dangerous, I had committed corruptes data several tiems because of this. Luckily, I am aware of it and always double check my commits before pushing, but this could certainly lead to a disaster if not taken into account.

I am using emacs 23.1 on Snow Leopard. I can try to gether more data about the issue, but first I wanted to know if anyone else out there also went though this.

Thanks,

Marcelo.