Textmate like code block alignment (ruby-mode)

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Textmate like code block alignment (ruby-mode)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:51:14 -0500

Hey list,

I have ruby-mode setup and it works pretty well. One thing though is
that it doesn't automatically align blocks, and I have to type C-a TAB
to make it align the end with a def for example:

def func <when I press ENTER here>
      |<the pointer goes here>

I'd like it to behave like Textmate, where when you press enter after
the beginning of a code block, it automatically aligns the end to like
so:

def func <when I press ENTER here>
|<the cursor goes here, where it should be>

It's really annoying having to align manually.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.