Re: finally getting gdb to work?

From: Bastian Beischer
Subject: Re: finally getting gdb to work?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:01:03 +0200

>From the info pages of GDB:

`-annotate LEVEL'
     This option sets the "annotation level" inside GDB.  Its effect is
     identical to using `set annotate LEVEL' (*note Annotations::).
     The annotation LEVEL controls how much information GDB prints
     together with its prompt, values of expressions, source lines, and
     other types of output.  Level 0 is the normal, level 1 is for use
     when GDB is run as a subprocess of GNU Emacs, level 3 is the
     maximum annotation suitable for programs that control GDB, and
     level 2 has been deprecated.

     The annotation mechanism has largely been superseded by GDB/MI
     (*note GDB/MI::).