Re: Changing background color of NonText

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: Changing background color of NonText
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 17:41:27 +1000

Is there a way to change the background color of NonText. I know how to do it in Vim but I cannot find how to do it in Emacs.

not sure if i understand correctly, but a quick 'n' dirty way would be to put something like this in your .emacs file:
(set-face-background 'default "black")

or if you are more adventurous:
(setq default-frame-alist
      `((background-color . "#F0FFF0") ; or "orange" or whatever
         ; other settings ....
        ))

see "Customizing Faces" in the manual for more information e.g. type
M-: (info "(Emacs)Customizing Faces")

or maybe visit http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CustomizingFaces