Re: Postfixing ' emacs' to all frame titles.

From: filebat Mark
Subject: Re: Postfixing ' emacs' to all frame titles.
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 11:41:08 +0800

Hi Lennart

I tried  (setq frame-title-format "%f - Emacs"), it's cool.

However, the full filename of "%f" is usually too long.
Can I truncate the string with fixed length?

Regards,
Denny

On 7/28/10, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Kevin Rodgers
<kevin.d.rodgers@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tim Visher wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm wondering if there's a simple way to postfix ' emacs' to all frame
>> titles without resorting to [elisp from the web][1].  Couldn't find
>> anything in Chapter 25 but I didn't search much harder than that.
>>
>> [1]: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FrameTitle
>
> No, you need to use Emacs Lisp: that is the "format" of customizations
> in ~/.emacs (M-x customize notwithstanding).
>
> Here's what I use:
>
> (setq frame-title-format
>      '("" invocation-name "-" emacs-version "@" system-name ":"
>        (buffer-file-name "%f" "%b")))

In EmacsW32 I use

  (setq frame-title-format "%b - Emacs")

This is probably what people on ms windows expect. Is that what people
on other GUI systems expect as well?

--
Thanks & Regards

Denny Zhang