Re: Keeping a small window smartly up-to-date

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Keeping a small window smartly up-to-date
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 21:40:14 +0200

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Andrea,

> and apparently is fine, but some other things (like gnus or the org
> agenda itself) still are able to remove that window!
>
> How do I really make it fixed there then?

I think there's no easy way to do that right now.  The Emacs Code
Browser (ECB) for example also creates some 3- or 4-pane layout for
creating something many users expect from a IDE, that is some window
with a project tree-view, one window for the actual source file, and
some status/compilation window.  But AFAIK, it does so by advicing most
if not all functions that modify window configurations...

You may want to look at the sr-speedbar.el package, which also provides
one single, dedicated window with additional, context-specific
information.

Bye,
Tassilo