Re: startup issue

From: Mitul Saha
Subject: Re: startup issue
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:22:34 -0500

Thanks Erik.

From my Ubuntu OS, When i start like: "emacs file.txt &",
in the first window i see the contents of the file "file.txt".
In the second split window, below the first, I see Information about "GNU Emacs".
Like: "Welcome to GNU Emacs...".

Here are the contents of the ~/.emacs file:
(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
)
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 )

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks!
Mitul